Umicore Technical & Digital Academy Communications & Learning Manager
New Business Incubation
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubation & Umicore Technical & Digital Academy
In NBI we develop long-term business opportunities for the business units, as well as business opportunities with a different business model that may develop into a stand-alone business, called incubators.
The Umicore Technical & Digital Academy (UTDA) catalyzes technical & digitalization learning and contributes to the success of Umicore by being an innovative learning organization. We promote and organize formal and informal learning opportunities including classroom training, webinars, events and communities.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible to develop and implement a communications plan on the innovation & technology topics in line with the strategy set out by Group Communications and by the Umicore Technical & Digital Academy (UTDA) Coordinator to position Umicore as a true innovation & technology leader and an attractive employer for technical profiles.
- Develop and implement a communications plan on the innovation & technology topics with the goals to attract and retain employees with technical profiles and to inform all Umicore stakeholders of innovation & technology activities
- Recurrently create content on Umicore as an innovative and tech-savvy company, bringing out stories from the different applications and fields of expertise of the company
- Prepare content on relevant innovation & technology topics to suit different communication channels (e.g. social media, annual report, Umicore website, internal & external events, presentations, and others) and different countries
- Support the Umicore Technical & Digital Academy (UTDA) Coordinator in growing UTDA’s global presence & reach with special attention to Umicore activities in North & South America, plus Western & Southern Europe
- In collaboration with local HR & business managers, seek ways of involving Umicore colleagues in the Americas in global learning programs, activities, and communities related to innovation, technology, and digitalization topics
- Create or support the creation of local learning programs, activities, and communities related to innovation, technology & digitalization
- Detect learning needs on innovation, technology, and digitalization at Umicore in NA, SA & WESE regions
- Support the UTDA Coordinator in communicating UTDA & Digitalization initiatives internally
- Frequently meet with group communication colleagues in Brussels (HQ)
Who we are looking for
You are enthusiastic, curious and driven, with
- University level qualification in a communication-related field
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to summarize complex issues for non-expert audiences in verbal and written form
- Native-level English skills (other languages are an asset)
- Experience with creative storytelling and creating content
- Digitally fluent with experience in web content management, digital tools, photo & video editing
- A desire to learn new concepts
- An affinity with innovation, technology & digitalization topics
- Approximately 2 years of work experience in the industrial and/or technology sector
- Excellent internal and external networking skills
- Outstanding planning and organization skills
- Empathy and cultural sensitivity to different internal and external stakeholders
- An intellectual flexibility (multiple & diverse topics as well as diverse opinions)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO