Senior Applied Technology Manager
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
To bring RBM technology solutions to our customers in the rechargeable battery industry, understand the customer/application technical requirements and translate those back to our research and technology teams in the Business unit and Corporate R&D. This position will service the automotive industry, energy storage and the portable applications.
- Well-structured project management of product qualification processes from initial sampling to finalization of PPAP
- Actively manage customer / market related work packages in product and process development programs
- Regular reporting to R&D Management on progress, status and issues regarding the qualification activities
- Cultivate a strong relationship with the customers’ technical teams through regular contacts. (Collaborates closely with the Commercial Manager for customer relationship management). Provide technical customer service in acoordance with production plants and QA.
Who we are looking for
- MS/PhD in chemistry, materials science or electrochemistry
- 10+ years’ experience in a B2B technical environment in electronics or high-tech industry or automotive industry.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Structured approach in project management
- Customer and service minded – Relationship builder
- Willingness to travel abroad (max. 10% of total working time)
- Fluency in Korean and English is required, both oral and written.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my leadership can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?