Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 06-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Leading all aspects of sampling expertise in RBM:
• Build up expertise and a network in-/outside the BU by studying specific literature, by consulting experts in the field of sampling and contacting suppliers of specific sampling equipment
• Document the knowledge by preparing the relevant training materials, technical notes… tailored to the needs of the BU and roll-out the knowledge towards all internal stakeholders
• Pro-actively manage the sampling improvement activities within RBM in line with the updated requirements (new products, increased complexity, stricter specifications…) following a project approach:
o Evaluate the current sampling processes throughout the entire production process and decide on actions to optimize current protocols or to develop new ones
o Set up the DOE and manage/coordinate the necessary tests in cooperation with other departments
o Work out the appropriate sampling protocols (equipments, methods, tools, etc…), based on theoretical considerations, historical process data, product characteristics of interest and best practices
o Statistically validate these sampling protocols and document them
o Standardize the protocols, tools and equipment and ensure that newly developed sampling processes are rolled out to all relevant sites
o Roll-out the new sampling protocols to the relevant teams like Project Engineering, Process engineering, Process Control, Production, etc…
• Investigate the impact of storage conditions towards history sample lifetime and sample integrity
• Support the relevant departments (QM, EHS…) regarding the sampling of workplace measurements
• Give support towards customers/suppliers on sampling related topics and formulate recommendations to improve, when needed, to ensure that exchanged samples are representative
Who we are looking for
• Technical degree (engineering or applied sciences), Master with min 5 years of experience in a laboratory, sampling or operational department
2. Technical skills:
• Experience (educational and/or professional) in the field of sampling
• Experience in the battery field is an asset
• Expertise in statistical methods
• Engineering understanding (liquid flows, powder flows, segregation…)
• Familiar with project management knowledge / experience,
• Proficient with basic office tools as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Fluent speaking and writing in English and Polish
3. Managerial skills:
• Good organizing skills
• Able to make decisions
• Perseverant and committed to results
• High level of reporting and presentation skills
• Good communication skills, open, respectful, convincing
• Ability to operate in a matrix structure in contact with different departments
• Project leadership skills: focus on scope, (budget) and timeline
• Analytical and critical
• Problem solver: systematic and methodological approach, ability to synthesize
• Creative in generating solutions
• Team player, respectful, creative and assertive
• Able to work with deadlines
• Positive work attitude
• Pragmatic and creative in problem solving
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?