RBMK Department Manager Maintenance & Engineering
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The RBMK Dept. Manager Maintenance is in charge of activities to maintain the infrastructure (buildings, utilities, process equipment) of the Cheonan plants with focus on reliability, cost efficiency, safety and product quality and to assist building and extension of installations according to company guidelines. Main responsibilities are;
- Optimally organize the work in the maintenance department, making clear job descriptions and training plans and coaching the maintenance coordinator, engineering manager, QEHS coordinator and construction coordinator
- Analyze maintenance costs and equipment reliability and ensure an optimal balance between preventive, corrective maintenance and investment projects
- Support, deploy and assess all EHS policies, including contractor safety policy, energy saving plan and dust reduction plan and assure full compliance with legal and Umicore EHS regulations
- Manage and develop the System of maintenance department in compliance with relevant regulations and assure that quality issues related to any equipment on sites are quickly and effectively assessed. Promote the use of 6 sigma tools for improvement projects.
- Define the yearly equipment investment (CAPEX) budget and maintenance (OPEX) budget in close cooperation with the relevant parties, and closely follow up the timely execution of all projects and determine the long term equipment investment and maintenance strategy.
- Responsible for site security on all RBMK locations. Contact point for all building permit related issues.
Who we are looking for
- A person who can identify problems/needs and solve the problems as well as promote changes
- Self-motivated person with open mind and positive mindset who are ready to work with diverse interfaces and still be able to think logically
- BS/MS with min. 10 years’ of experience in maintenance or engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical maintenance and engineering as well as reliability engineering
- Understanding of Engineering tools such as CAD, HMI, PLC..
- Native Korean speaker who can additionally communicate in spoken and written English
- Full of team spirit and able to coach his/her tea
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO