R&D Data Analyst
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
R&D Data Engineer is expected to collect the detailed business and functional requirements from the (end) users and translate this into a well-structured design of a solution. Also the R&D Data Engineer maps, and understands the data flows involved in the different R&D processes, interfaces with IT team to suggest and support implementation of new flows & new tools.
- Collaborate with IT team to design & deploy the commercial experimental management system (EMS) in R&D department in alignment with R&D data-driven operation and workflow
• Mapping different data flows in the different R&D teams together with data process owners
• Design the user interface and backend
• Train end-users to use the system
• Maintain the application manuals and guidelines
• Troubleshoot issues if present.
• Create API and integrate EMS into RBM IT systems
- Take responsibility for R&D Database management
• Maintain, design and create new applications for the database
• Organize database security in accord with RBM security regulations and approvals of R&D managements.
- Assist colleagues to improve work performance by creating macros or applications to automate data collection, data analysis, visualization, reports.
Who we are looking for
- Technical understanding of database terminology, concepts (tables, keys, constraints, …) and performance optimization options
- Analytical design skills
- Good technical knowledge about DB connectivity to access different data sources
- Strong knowledge and experiences in databases: SQL, MS Access, Oracle,…
- Excellent knowledge and coding experiences in programming languages: VBA, Python
- A person with good communication skill, problem solving skill and critical thinking mind
- Project Management experience is a big plus
- Self-motivated & autonomous person
- University Degree in computer science or related fields
- Minimum 4 years working in IT projects for companies, manufacturing background is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO