Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Cooperation with EPCM contractors and Project Engineering Teams in sourcing of industrial investment projects (capex)
- Provision of category expert advice and knowledge to key stakeholders of respective supply markets, competitors and product innovations
- You facilitate communication between your department and other departments, and implement improvement actions where required
- Managing activities of a group of capex Buyers and Purchase Administrators
- Responsible for the implementation of short, mid and long-term strategy for procurement. Creating a good balance between standardized procedures and local flexibility.
- Responsible for supporting the development of yearly department objectives in line with overall strategy and reaching set targets
- Negotiation (or support of negotiation) and management of procurement and investment contracts
- Follow up qualification and rating of vendors in view of standardization of equipment and vendors and protection of product, process & equipment IP.
- Maintaining and improving general procurement procedures for RBM Poland in alignment with RBM and corporate procedures and policies
- Manage regulatory audits (customs, …)
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in business or logistics
- 5-7 year experience in purchasing or business
- Good knowledge of procurement
- Fluent in oral and written Polish and English language.
- Capable user of PC MS office applications. Knowledge of SAP is a plus (or else, capacity to learn this fast)
- Good negotiation skills
- Good mix of conceptual/strategic thinking and practical execution
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Regularly business travels to Asia and Belgium
- Enthusiastic team player with an open "can do" mentality
- Excellent communication skills & good team leading
- Independent, self-initiative
- Innovative and adaptable to change
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?