Property Risk Engineer (m/f/d)
Legal - Security
Posted on 17-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Legal and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Property Risk Engineer you will support the insurance and risk department in achieving a high standard of protection and prevention for the different Umicore sites globally by surveying, advising and educating our people on risk mitigation and risk prevention measures. You will be key person in increasing the risk awareness and risk preparedness throughout the entire organisation by implementing standards and following up on their implementation.
Your detailed responsibilities
- You will serve as subject-matter expert and primary contact for technical risks related to property and business interruption as well as transport within the Group Risk & Insurance Team
- You will assess these risks, execute loss control visits and develop risk mitigation solutions based on the business needs and the regulatory requirements
- You will ensure the follow-up and execution of agreed risk mitigation solutions
- You will develop/update procedures, organize prevention trainings and advice local engineers on property conservation standards for new plants and major expansions
- You will define the Risk non-negotiables for new investments and retrofit requirements and support a multi-year retrofit mitigation plan + audit on implementation
- You will also create risk and safety awareness throughout the total organization
- You will be the main link with EHS (specifically for process safety related risks)
- You will maintain Umicore’s RMIS with respect to risk engineering
- You will perform and organize root-cause analysis after incidents and share lessons learned You will assist in insurance claims management
- You will establish communication and confidence between the group and the insurance providers
International travel to different Umicore sites globally will be required.
You will report into the Department Head of Insurances (located in Umicore HQ in Brussels).
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a Master Degree in industrial, chemical or civil engineering
- You have at least 5 years working experience in an industrial environment, insurance company, insurance broker, Risk engineering consultant …
- You have strong project management skills and a well structured approach
- Your English is fluently spoken and written
- You have strong analytical skills and a good sense for conceptual thinking
- You are flexible; you have the ability to deal with changing priorities without losing focus
- You are able to influence others without having authority over them
- You have a very good organizational knowledge and are able to interact with different levels within the organization
- Other people describe you as a real team player
- Your multicultural sensitivity is very high
- And of course you have a good appetite to travel all over the world
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receive your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Herr Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang