Project Manager Engineering
Precious Metals Refining
Posted on 25-01-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
At Umicore in Hoboken we recycle up to 17 different metals in a technologically innovative way. We want to do this in a safe and healthy and environmentally friendly way. For example, our ambition is to do this in a CO2-neutral way by 2035.
As a Project Manager Engineering you will help to realize all projects from the ambitious project portfolio of Umicore's Engineering department in Hoboken.
Your Function more in detail :
- As a project manager you independently lead projects from A to Z. You examine the study request from production and make a good project plan. Together with your team you propose a technical solution, work it out and implement it. Ultimately, you ensure a good start-up and delivery.
- You coordinate and motivate a team of about 10 colleagues, consisting of designers and other project managers, who together draw a portfolio of 30-50 projects. These projects range from revamps and brown fields to green fields, and vary from a few 100,000 euros to several millions.
- You are part of the Management Team of our department in order to drive and optimize our service processes so that all our people can use their talents for Umicore without any obstacles and with a good feeling.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree in engineering or in applied sciences
- You have the drive to use your technical knowledge to make the right technical choices in order to build robust, safe and clean (= environmentally friendly) installations
- You work according to the best practices in Project Management (e.g. IPMA)
- You have a sense of responsibility and initiative to independently bring a project to a successful conclusion in all its phases
- You have a sense of propriety in order to comply with our standards and legislation and to deliver and finish a project with all its documentation and anchoring in our systems
- You are a caring leader
- Safety is in your genes
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR RECYCLING CAPABILITIES CAN HELP TACKLE RESOURCE SCARCITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?