Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 25-01-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
RBM is expanding rapidly and needs to implement several waves of big investments, in Poland. The function needs to provide expert management of those green field projects in perfect coordination with other PTE projects, RBM.
• Manage the expansion projects from study phase to end of commissioning, coordinating the external engineering contractors, local teams, vendors and being responsible for the project budget, schedule and results.
• Can manage a big or green field project. Sometimes these green field projects require coordination of multiple subprojects.
• This function typically manages more than one project at the time and sometimes in different countries.
• Provide project management expertise and is usually also one of the few technical experts in some of the RBM equipment technology and processes.
Functional requirements :
• Ms in Engineering with at least 10 years of experience in engineering environment
• Proven Project management skills
• Know-how in hydrometallurgy and industrial experience are a plus
• Good understanding of engineering tools and related computer software
• Fluent in English. Notions of other languages is a plus.
• Self-committed to result and excellence (getting things done)
• Being transparent at all times with the hierarchy and the rest of the organization
• Team leader able to manage inter-department teams and to operate in a matrix structure
• Willingness to involve himself in technical matters (no helicopter management).
• Willingness to work as an expat
• Willingness to work frequently or for several weeks abroad during critical phases of the projects
• Willingness to coach and grow the competence of the new recruits.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!