Project Manager Digitalization - Operations (m/f/d)
New Business Incubation
Process & Product Development, Information Technology, Research & Development
Posted on 17-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are crucial to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. Digitalization is constantly evolving bringing new opportunities for us. We harness digital technologies to unlock value in all our business processes. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Project Manager Digitalization you will :
- Lead, prepare and co-ordinate digitalization projects and strategic studies in an autonomous way, within the context of open team play and in close collaboration with our business units.
- Support the portfolio management of digitalization projects especially within the Umicore Plant Operations (e.g. Production, Maintenance, Quality, …) environment.
- Advise in the Steerco's decision process and communicate with Umicore's Business Units, corporate functions, EVP's, and ultimately the Digitalization Steerco
- Contribute to the development of a centre of knowledge/excellence for the group in the field of digitalization expertise.
- Communicate and disseminate digital initiatives to stimulate faster proliferation and adoption of digital technology, with a focus on efficiency gains
- Report to the Director Digitalization Projects
- Remote working or on site in Belgium
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a digital driven colleague with :
- Master degree in IT, sciences, engineering, mathematics, business or economy
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience and with relevant project management experience, ideally in digitalization or consulting.
- Strong analytical skills to understand the interaction between different technological components in a digitalization project.
- Strong collaborator management skills with the ability to lead multiple collaborators.
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology is definitely an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills in English
- Strong sensitivity to the importance of IP and legal matters
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- A great teammate and motivator profile within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO
We look forward to receive your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Herr Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang