Project Manager Crystallization R&D
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About R&D (Research&Development)
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Corporate Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development implies that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As a Project Manager Crystallization R&D, you will…
- support the further development of your own, as well as the group’s expertise in the competence area of crystallization
- execute research projects, within a broader research program, ensuring effective execution, taking responsibility for the results, timing and budget.
- explore new techniques and create new ideas and developments that might contribute to the growth of the competence domain.
- effectively communicate with all members of the team, including the Business Unit involved
- interact with internal and external customers and stakeholders (research centers, technology providers, suppliers).
- identify and generate new ideas for patent filing and participate in the drafting of funding files (Vlaio, EU…).
- take responsibility for environmental, health and safety aspects in your team.
We are looking for a colleague who…
- holds a PhD in Sciences or Engineering or equivalent through relevant research experience.
- expertise in the technical field of crystallization
- is driven by scientific and technological challenges.
- has good internal and external networking skills.
- stimulate his own and others’ creativity and innovation in science and technology.
- has a curious nature meaning that you like exploring and learning new things.
- has strong planning and organization skills and who is result oriented.
- has strong oral and written reporting and communication skills.
- is a team player who is fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch.
- The position is based in Olen
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?