Project Manager Building Maintenance (Asset Management)
Precious Metals Refining
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the framework of the strategy of the Building Division (dept. Technology) and in order to realize and maintain a robust building patrimonium on the site of PMR Hoboken, you take the lead in structuring the new Asset Management division and organizing the repair works and future forecasts onto the maintenance of the Plant assets (buildings (+/- 400) and infrastructure (roads, sewers, pipe-racks, track girders,...)
- In collaboration and supervision with the Head of division CRA (Civil, Space & Asset Management) and other services involved (esp. production managers/owners and Production maintenance), you study ,analyze and implement the startup and organization of the Asset management organization.
- Excluding (not in your scope of work) building techniques : hvac, facilities,…
- You develop and deploy a building information database able to make up yearly budget programs and multi-year maintenance programs for our assets, based upon the data obtained from structured inspection program.
- You develop an effective inspection program for these assets.
- Safety is a key priority at Umicore PMR Hoboken! You ensure that safety regulations and procedures are followed strictly.
- You are able to support your team by the necessary stability calculations and drawings, and to propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- Following the engineering phase a dossier for quotation will be made under your supervision, suppliers selection will be made and follow-up, site supervision is mandatory. First line supervision is guaranteed however by your surveyor.
- You assure and improve the quality of your asset management team.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree in civil or industrial engineering or Architect-engineer), with min. 5 years relevant professional experience in Civil engineering. Expertise in asset management is an asset.
- You have good knowledge towards the assessment, inspection and repair methods of buildings, sewers, roads, boxes, pipe-racks.
- you have a broad knowledge what safety regulations in the building context is concerned. (VCA certification is a must) You are familiar with the practical requirements of environmental, health and safety and with quality systems.
- You are technical minded and skilled in basis stability calculations and constructive detailing.
- You are a good communicator, an excellent people- and project manager and able to manage a team of engineers and skilled autocad-designers efficiently.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-calculationsoftware are plus. Experience with building maintenance software is an asset.
- You are skilled in writing global project reports. Especially working out year budgets for each of the different departments (and their assets: building, road, pipe rack, sewers, …)
- You are fluent in Dutch and a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR RECYCLING CAPABILITIES CAN HELP TACKLE RESOURCE SCARCITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?