Program Manager Operations RBM
Rechargeable Battery Materials
General Management, Process & Product Development
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come
What you will be doing
As Program Manager Operations RBM you define, coordinate and implement complex large-scale operational improvement programs to meet specific business-driven improvement objectives. By monitoring progress and adjusting program priorities and resource needs, you will ensure your programs meet their objectives within the defined time, scope and budget!
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Lead of a portfolio of operational improvement projects covering all sites, organized in several programs with impact on cost efficiency, quality and EHS
- Define scope, timing, responsibilities, results and budgets of programs, and guide the project managers of the individual projects to define scope, timing, responsibilities, results and budgets of their projects.
- Regularly report progress on the different programs towards the relevant steering committees and the RBM Management team where required
- Define and follow-up on the budget for your programs based on the available competencies and resource needs
- Define together with the relevant site Managing Directors and domain Directors the resources and teams needed to realize his programs targets at the start and during the execution of the program
- Collaborate and build partnerships outside and across the RBM organization to ensure the success of the program
- Act as project manager for specific projects
- Establish a project database to facilitate the follow up of projects and programs
- Plan and follow up the roll out of successful outcomes of projects to other sites through systematic best practice sharing, user communities, etc. and works together with the benchmarking and standardization manager to create/update standards where needed
- Develop a framework and common approach for management of the different projects (for example by setting up a digital tool like Planisware)
Who we are looking for
- You acquired a Master degree (chemistry, physics, engineering, …) with proven working experience (10 years plus) in program management or in different operational functions in various technical fields
- You have strong program management skills, organizing, planning and coordination skills
- Expertise in Li-ion battery materials manufacturing processes is a strong asset
- You have intuition for business and good understanding of finance (research budgeting/costing)
- Knowledge of project scheduling programs is a plus (e.g. MS Project)
- Good knowledge of variety of systems & tools applied in operational excellence and good experience in implementing operational excellence on the work floor
- You have a demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff in a matrix structure
- Ability to use resources effectively on a global scale
- Experience in managing global research programs with significant financial value and complicated structure.
- Experience with organisational change
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment (heavily Asian based)
- Good presentation skills and confidence presenting to senior management
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric verhicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO