Product Technology Engineer
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 07-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Product Technology Coordinator supports the documentation on the evaluation and qualification trials of raw materials, transfer of lines and treatment of process related MOC’s and preparation of reports.
- Provide support to the Product Technology (Senior) Managers by collecting data from various RBM sites and departments (PC, QM and RTC) to gather information and follow-up for reporting (i.e. APQP).
- Organize and support the qualification trials of new raw materials including outsourced materials (toll-manufacturing by other producers) and technology transfer with support of local PT and keep track of the progress and results.
- Support qualifications and technology transfers within RBM cathode and precursor together with local PT and keep track of the progress and results.
Who we are looking for
- MSc in chemical or materials engineering
- Fluent in Korean and able to communicate in English (spoken and written)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of Rechargeable Battery Material process for cathode material. Knowledge in precursor process will be advantageous.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO