Process Control Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Engineering, Process & Product Development
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Monitor, compare and analyse the process parameters on the different lines to maintain a steady condition of production and good product quality
- Monitor and control the possibly effective process parameters such as the utilities & atmospheric factors to keep on steady condition of production
- Follow up & report of the production technical performance on a daily base: product quality, process stability
- Support the other teams and coach team member on troubleshooting by the process
- Take initiatives with the team members to continuously improve the department’s safety performance and team work
Who we are looking for
- MSc or BSc with more than 4 years’ experience in chemical, materials or industrial engineering
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge and understanding of RBMK production processes and of product characteristics
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of statistical methods
- Computer literacy (scientific software, Excel, Access and Word)
- Analytical thinking and technical curiosity
- Self-motivated, energetic and working in team
- Able to work in multi-dpt. team
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?