Manager Maintenance & Engineering
Posted on 08-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Maintenance & Engineering Manager you will be responsible for :
- ensuring the availability of equipment and installations, all buildings, utilities of the Florange site and information systems (IT/telephony)
- supervising all projects for the installation of new equipment, investments and technical improvements for all the plant's departments according to the specifications, deadlines and budgets agreed with the applicants (site or BU)
Your Detailed Responsibilities:
Ensuring compliance with all current safety regulations (PPE, lockout/tagout, etc.) and environmental constraints and, among other things, for drawing up prevention plans in collaboration with the HSE department.
Concerning the Maintenance of production equipment: By ensuring the availability of the means of production (breakdown rate objectives) by setting up the appropriate maintenance plans and organisation (organisation and training of his/her team, as well as the subcontracting company for on-call duty, definition of preventive and predictive maintenance plans, stocking of strategic spare parts, requesting support services, etc.) within the framework of the budget defined with the plant manager.
Concerning the Maintenance of buildings and utilities: By ensuring the good condition of the buildings and utilities by carrying out the necessary and regulatory frequent controls (in particular of all the elements of transport of fluids and gases) and by carrying out the repairs (planning of the investments) of all the elements related to the buildings (Roofs, Waterproofing of the buildings, Frames, Corrosions, Doors, Sanitary, Common areas, Offices, Boxes...)
Concerning Energy: By being the "energy" referent at the site level, by leading the reduction of energy costs and consumption
Concerning IT and telephony: By managing locally all IT and telephony equipment (PCs, laptops, printers, copiers, projectors and all related elements, telephones, etc.) in relation with the regional IT department and in compliance with group requirements, and by setting up and ensuring that IT data is backed up.
Concerning projects and investments:
- By managing the site's investments (CAPEX): overview, planning, budget monitoring and optimizing realization, reporting
- By providing the steering committee with all the information needed to validate and prioritise factory projects
- By ensuring that the projects entrusted to his/her department are completed on time and within the agreed budget, and that the number of projects and resources are properly matched.
- By being a project manager from time to time.
Who we are looking for
- You have a degree in Logistics/Economy/Engineering at BAC+5 level.
- You have at least 3 years experience in logistics or production in the automotive industry, part of which if possible as a manager.
- You have a good experience of Lean production principles.
- You have a good command of the SAP software package.
- Your fluency in English is certainly a plus, as well as a good command of German.
- You demonstrate commitment and resilience.
- You are familiar with the ISO standards relating to his field of activity and also focused on continuous improvement.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO