LIMS Project Leader
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Umicore IT landscape includes a Global platform for LIMS (Lab Information Management System) applications. Labs are present in most of the business units, worldwide, and play a crucial role in the quality assurance of our processes and products.
- As project leader in the area of LIMS, you will lead and execute multiple projects from business requirements analysis to solution delivery. You will design and build LIMS solutions in context of a well-defined governance LIMS framework.
- As LIMS solution architect and expert, you master and build further upon the Umicore global LIMS application landscape and the integrated platforms (eg. Instruments connection, data warehouse integration etc ..).
- As a trusted partner to our business units, you coordinate the LIMS request pipeline of the BU’s and be an enabler for growth of the LIMS platform’s capabilities.
Who we are looking for
- Master applied IT or master in information technology or computer science or having at least more than 5 years of work experience in a similar area
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in LIMS applications, preference Labvantage.
- Good understanding of Lab operations and processes.
- Project management experience in small & medium sized projects.
- Being ‘hands-on’ and even perform application configuration or technical installations (cfr. connection to Lab instrument) during project implementations.
- Good communication skills and problem solving capabilities
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills in English
- Good team player, being motivated and highly interested in LIMS functionalities
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO