Legal - Security
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions - Legal
A global organisation it’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Regional Legal Team Central & Eastern Europe, you will provide advice in legal matters which includes:
- Providing counsel and legal support to business units active in the region, including on avoiding, mitigating and managing litigations
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts (e.g. purchase, supply, construction, license, research and distribution agreements), non-disclosure agreements and other documents governed by Polish law or other Central or Eastern European laws
- Research work
- Focus on contract and commercial law (general civil law, commercial and corporate law)
- Collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to resolve legal issues and increase awareness of legal risks and methods to address those
- Support for contract management with the corporate contract database
- Managing legal aspects of assigned M&A, corporate development and greenfield projects
- Engage and manage outside counsel, as necessary
Who we are looking for
You have a university degree (Master of Laws) from a Polish university with good credentials; an additional degree in an English or German speaking legal system (or equivalent experience) is a plus.
You have at least ﬁve years of experience as a lawyer following your master degree, ideally in both a law ﬁrm and as in-house counsel in a multinational company.
Your legal experience is mainly oriented towards commercial law, corporate and public law. Additional experience in transactional work and/or negotiations with government authorities is a plus.
High ﬂexibility for very diﬀerent legal challenges, ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary thinking. You are curious and genuinely interested in understanding the business.
You have excellent verbal and written communication and inﬂuencing skills in Polish and English, both towards lawyers and non-lawyers
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that oﬀers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world- leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and beneﬁts. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?