Internal Audit Manager
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Contribute to the overall goals of the Internal Audit Department by conducting high level professional internal audit work. In team with Internal Audit colleagues continuously improve the quality, expertise and efficiency of the IA department functioning. Support in achieving the IA department’s overall objectives towards internal and external stakeholders. Help the Business Units to improve their internal control set up and risk management.
The Internal Audit Manager will:
- Conduct complex internal audit project work worldwide in team or alone. Organize audit missions, carry out fieldwork, prepare meetings and presentations at the audited entities. Write high quality audit reports including recommendations for process or control related improvements in English language. Follow up on the implementation of recommendations. Interact with Corporate Departments and BUs in order to create cross functional added value.
- Help in improving the technical aspects of internal audit work by data analytics systems. Update the department technical documentation in function of digitalisation evolution.
- Take responsibility for specific subject areas in the audit department. Act as internal expert, establish and maintain audit programs and training material, and provide training to colleagues for these subject areas.
- Reports to the Senior Internal Auditor.
The internal audit universe in Umicore covers all processes in all countries and +/- 100 operating legal entities in all continents. Depending on the scope and complexity of the missions in general 6 - 10 audit missions are conducted by each auditor per year. Normal travel time is estimated to make around 30% - 40% of the work time. With the Covid-19, remote audits are organised.
The internal audit department can be seen as a learning platform of all Umicore process and procedures with opportunity to grow on a longer term within Umicore international.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a driven colleague with :
- University degree in economics, business, or equivalent (e.g. commercial engineering).
- Working experience in an internal audit department or in finance is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in professional business English, including presenting findings and recommendations. Other languages relevant to Umicore are a plus.
- Willingness for frequent travel to the entities audited.
- Possess knowledge of the main processes of Umicore and the relevant ERP systems (SAP).
- Technical skills in data analytics and data systems.
- Experience in accounting, controlling/ finance as well as work experience as internal or external auditor are a plus.
- Open minded, curious, active listener, frank and direct in communicating, more oriented “to share than to possess” knowledge.
- Great teammate.
- Autonomous, convincing, with high ethical standards, sensitive for cultural differences.
- Work motivated in a team to achieve high quality results in a positive atmosphere, sometimes in very difficult or delicate context.
- Good skills in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Good skills in negotiating issues and resolving problems. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues from BUs and Corporate Departments.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO