Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalyst
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Carry out preventative maintenance as defined by our CMMS, through scheduled line downtime and autonomously, on all facility equipment. Replace, re-order and rebuild components as necessary.
- Conduct regular verification/calibration of critical equipment. Participate in QHS&E audits and corrective actions.
- Define preventive activities on new equipment and evaluate current methods for improvements.
- Ensure equipment safety devices are intact through inspections and testing.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures throughout facility. Analyze failures and make suggestions to prevent reoccurrence. Includes shift work and on-call participation and requires independent work.
- Support all plant initiatives, 5S, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence, etc.
- Liaison with all internal customers, Umicore Management, contractors and suppliers.
- From a process description and (or) drawings, perform modifications to improve equipment and processes and install new equipment as required. Work in conjunction with Engineering and Automation.
- Support capital project teams as required.
Who we are looking for
- Electronics Engineering Technician Diploma, Instrumentation Engineering Technician Diploma, Electro Technician Diploma or equivalent required with Strong mechanical abilities
- Millwright Certificate a definite asset
- Experience in electrical 600 VAC and an Electrician certificate an asset
- Knowledge of PLC’s, PC control and pneumatics
- Intermediate PC skills, Microsoft Office.
- Strong team player and self-starter, high emotional intelligence and stress tolerance.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO