EHS department manager
China, RBMC Site2
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Ensure policies, procedures and training programmes for project Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) are developed and adhered to and meet all corporate policies, guidelines and legislative requirements for all needed EIAs and other EHS operating licenses
- Updating China / provincial level regulations relating to operation and project, e.g. oxygen regulation for Hi-Ni process, Dangerous / hazardous chemicals storage (sulfuric acid, H2O2…)
- To ensure 0 LTA and create safe workplace at RBMC site
- Provide the best advice to MD for any site-wide decision on EHS matter by considering real situation; Satisfy the annual physical check, occupational check (once two years), dust exposure check and ERM Phase II investigation (once two years)
- Provide direct management by working with department supervisors and managers to trouble shoot and resolve various issues as they relate to Environment, Health and Safety; Provide EHS support for capital investment project and product development project
- Manage site dust and hygiene monitoring programs and site bio-monitoring program. Manage site air, groundwater and soil monitoring, reporting and remediation programs as required by company or authorities
- Manage the EHS management systems including ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001.
- Co-work with RBM EHS team for any EHS matters; manage corporate sustainable development objectives for RBMC
- Team member of the major projects of RBMC to monitor EHS requirements and advice the project manager in terms of EHS (legal) requirements
- Project safety (Co-work with the EPCm) ：Continuous manage, monitor and improve the project safety, to install the needed company safety policies & regulations and necessary measures in place, provides safety orientation to all sub-contractors and ensure the compliance of safety regulations
- Co-work with project team and process engineering team to conduct PSM for new processes
- Set up EHS framework on new site including future EHS organization, needed SOPs, emission reporting, medical service center, etc
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor degree or above
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the HSE field preferably in chemical manufacturing operation and new factory setting up
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge and experiences of Health and Safety Regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- EHS manager training as required by Chinese law
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Site 1 : No.77, Lidong Er Road, Jianghai District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China
Site 2 : No.688, Lianhai Road, High-tech District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?