China, Shanghai - RHQ
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Information Technology, Product Management, Applied Technology
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. Digitalization is constantly evolving bringing new opportunities for us. We harness digital technologies to unlock value in all our business processes. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Support the Business Units in the E2E process of defining, designing and implementing use cases on digital/data platforms. Both from a functional point of view (e.g. what should the use case deliver) as well as a technical point of view (e.g. how is it implemented) in close collaboration with local stakeholders. Local stakeholders can range from management to blue collars, covering different departments (e.g. Production, Maintenance, EHS) and Local Business-IT. Is in charge of the technical implementation of a project.
- Support the integration of the digital technology (e.g. Osisoft Pi) with other systems (e.g. MES, LIMS, …) in collaboration with local teams and the central Information Systems department.
- Main point of contact when the BU wants to develop a new use case with respect to a digital software technology or when questions arise via key users/ local process data engineer (which they cannot answer themselves). You apply a careful judgement on the incoming requests to ensure best practices are applied.
- Develop technology capabilities within the BUs. Next to setting-up certain use cases yourself, it’s important to also share knowledge and train people within the BU:
Train Key users/ local admins on how to use the use cases/ maintain and further develop the use cases/ set-up best practices in their system with regards to security; asset framework & templates; system management; …
- Inspire the BUs and identify synergies between the BUs by (1) showcasing use cases of one BU to other BUs or (2) showcasing external use cases within Umicore.
- Work closely with other members of the digitalization team and the Information Systems (I.S.) department to define priorities and roadmaps for implementation.
- Participate in the relevant communities e.g. Pi community, Pi admin community which aims to (1) exchange knowledge and experiences and identify synergies and (2) develop best practices.
- Follow-up on the latest developments of the digital software/data technologies, e.g. Pi, and other solutions and evaluate how these can be leveraged at Umicore.
- Attend (Pi) Conferences and webinars to and share insights, knowhow, practices within Umicore.
- The technologies involved will include:
Primary focus will be on OSIsoft PI as application suite for process data historian and real-time shopfloor reporting
Secondary focus will be on Microsoft on-premise and Azure cloud technologies:
SQL Databases; Azure Data Lake and data Warehouse; Power BI; TimeXtender; Data Factory; PowerAutomate
Who we are looking for
- You have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or an equivalent degree.
- You have strong analytical skills to understand the interaction between different technological components in a digitalization project.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in setting up a digital software/data technology (templates, analytics, events, data visualization and interfaces), data integration and use-cases implementation (e.g. Process monitoring, Condition-based maintenance, OEE, Product quality management or any similar)
- Good knowledge of data management.
- Knowledge of digital software technology e.g. OSIsoft PI system, AspenTech IP.21, Yokogawa Data Historian/PIMS, AVEVA (Wonderware) Historian, GE Proficy Historian or any similar is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in one of the Microsoft on-premise and Azure cloud technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in advanced analytics is a plus (e.g. Python)
- You have a broad knowledge of standard MS Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience & knowledge of PowerBI is a plus.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?