Advanced Research Team R&D Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Posted on 25-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The R&D manager coordinates the "Research" stage for cathode product development, and, directly and indirectly manages a team consisting of researchers and technicians within the RBM-R&D organization.
- Manage and lead projects within programs: define with the program manager and project members the resources and needs to realize the project targets and follow-up on the execution
- Lead research of advanced material grades of existing and upcoming cathodes to provide fundamental and consolidated material conformity data to “D and P” stage development
- Combine both leading class scientific abilities and well versed in experimenting and developing new concepts
- Develop a profound cathode materials expertise and make the expertise available within other projects and teams in- and outside of R&D organization
- Acquire knowledge on new techniques and generate ideas for new developments
- Directly lead a small team of 1 to 2 researchers by:
> Identifying development needs and providing equal development opportunities, tailored coaching
> being responsible for team members and making sure that team members perform at "natural best"
> developing and using expertise in domain of cathode and precursor R&D
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic and flexible colleague with:
- Good interpersonal skill
- Ability to proactively collaborate with respective persons/teams in and outside the organization
- Creativity in the area of science and technology
- Project management skill
- “PhD” or “MS with 5 years’ experience”
- English communication ability to be able to work in a global environment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO